Tuesday, March 5, 2013

For shame, for shame!

I cannot even believe it's been well over a year since I've posted anything to this blog. Shame on me. It has been an overly eventful span of time, however, I would not be able to cover everything. But, I'm back. Much is happening in the way of Penny For Your Thoughts in the manner of "business ventures".

My husband is home full time now, and has taken a huge (and I mean huge) interest in gardening. In the past two years, our front and back yards have taken on a whole new life. I call him "Farmer Charlie". Of course, being the early part of March, he is extremely anxious for the arrival of spring. Although it is set for a particular date on the calendar, it definitely has a mind of its own. I do believe spring is "in the air" so to speak. Warmer days are predicted for the very near future. Whether they last or not remains to be seen. Anyhow... back to business. Farmer Charlie has been very diligent in starting up seedlings. All sorts of seedlings. There is so much dirt in my shop, I fear I will never find the floor again. It's ok though, because he's happy, and that makes me happy.

The storefront is not presently open. We are in the process of changing the venue of what I called my gift shop. I was having difficulty trying to find quality products, made in the USA, and the like. The plan, as it stands right now is for me to sell as much as I can online. I have a facebook page for Penny For Your Thoughts, and I'm just in the beginning phases of posting photos and descriptions and prices of items for sale.

Since I had such a variety of items in the shop, it should be interesting to see what sells and what doesn't. I have tons of vintage stuff, retail, and some antiques. I'm certainly hoping for better days this year. The past two have presented themselves to be quite a challenge. We have survived, and we will carry on. One foot in front of the other... and one step at a time. Right now, it's time for sleep. I have much to do tomorrow... and I need my sleep. Good night, Penny Sue

No comments: