Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Enjoying this week between holidays...

This was such a peaceful and wonderful Christmas. It's sad that we didn't get to have our grand baby here for her first Christmas. But her Daddy had to work... even on Christmas day. I felt sorry for them. But they dealt with it graciously. God is good. We will be able to see them at the end of January for a complete Christmas and Birthday celebration party! Big party! My husband is turning the big 50, my son's birthday is tomorrow (oops*) ... my daughter-in-law's birthday was 12/10 and mine was 12/17. So, I'm hoping to get some family together for a good time. (*Son's birthday is not until 1/30... my bad.. and as usual I'm always confused!)

I have new pics to show, but don't have time right now... maybe I'll get to them when I come home from work. I still need to download them from my camera. Progress is being made, slowly but surely on my hutch. I've placed an order for some glass door knobs, and resin drawer pulls. I'm also adding appliques. I don't want to overdo. I think a few properly placed pieces can have more of an impact than pieces placed on all the surfaces, i.e., drawers, doors, sides, you get the idea.

Gotta run... stuff to do before getting ready for work and a couple of errands to run before going to work.

Hugs all around,
Penny Sue

2 comments:

just a little bit shabby said...

A belated Merry Christmas and great wishes for the New Year! Sorry that you didn't get to see your grandbaby for the holiday but it will be even sweeter when you do see them.
We had a nice Christmas with all the family at my house for Christmas dinner. I didn't work during Christmas week so I had plenty of time to get ready and it made it really enjoyable for me!
Anxious to see the progress on your hutch!
Happy New Year! I hope the new year brings you lots of health and happiness!
Hugs,
Sandy

Glimpse of My World said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog... wishing you a very Happy New Year!!