Friday, July 31, 2009

Oh those sneezy, wheezy, hazy days of summer....

Oh, I'm so miserable! I have been miserable the entire day. If it weren't for watching Burn Notice I'd be comatose right now. I had a sneeze attack before my eyes were opened this morning. And it's been downhill from there. I took 3 Claritin... and they didn't touch it. Then once I got to work and my nose wouldn't stop itching and running "out of control", I took Benadryl... twice. I just took another dose about 1/2 hour ago. I sure do hope when I wake up tomorrow morning that my nose is just about perfect! I can't take much more of this.

Sooo... with the days that I've been sick, and with today... with my allergies almost incapacitating me and having to be at work by 2 today, I did not, yet again, get out to the shop to do any work. However, I'm sure once Sunday through Tuesday comes along, I'll have plenty of time to work out there.

This is Smidgen at about 24 weeks old.


These are updated pics of some of our flower and veggie beds, and please do forgive the weeds. We are fanatic weed collectors. Some people collect antiques, we collect weeds.

The huge tall green things behind the bluebird house are maximillion sunflowers. Watch out if you ever plant any of these things... they just go wild! Yipes!

Tomatoes and peppers and eggplant!

A flower bed with tomato plants and a fennel plant. However, it's kind of hard to find them within the weeds and all the flowers. But they are there, and they are doing very well. This flower bed has my "purple" tomatoes and we think some "birdie" deposited cherry tomatoes (which may actually be yellow).


My silly radishes. The largest might be as big as your thumbnail. I sprinkled them about, without really "planting" them... but I just wanted to have some fun.

Well, it's late, and I need to go.. to bed. Hugs all around. Penny Sue

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello!
I found you via Cindy at myromantichome,i love your garden so much and shall have to search for those huge sunflowers...oh and Smidgen what a sweetie!
I really hope you feel better soon i suffer from allergies so badly,i take antihistamine but they only thing that worked for my nose is Flixonase an aqueous nasal spray from my doctor,it is so good i have to use it every day.
Hope your feeling better soon
Love Kristina XxX

Wander to the Wayside said...

I'd swap my garden for yurs any day! Is Smidgen a chihuahua? I have a long haired chihuahua named Oliver.