Saturday, August 1, 2009

Our son is coming, our son is coming...


I'm so happy that our son is coming for a visit. It's two-fold in purpose. He's due for a visit home, so he says, and he also wants to work on something mechanical on his vehicle. The latter usually necessitates a trip home to use some of Dad's tools, or to just have Dad around in case he needs advice or help. My husband was well versed in the language of automotive repair. He saves us literally hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in any given year by doing most of the repairs himself. As long as he can get the parts, he can usually fix almost anything. If he can't fix it, well, it's time to move on to another vehicle, as it would be a job that would probably cost more than the vehicle is currently worth. Once my son purchased his own car (while still living at home) he learned well from his Dad. I'm glad for this, as this will save him a lot of money as well. He loves to tinker with his vehicles. And, he keeps them immaculate... inside and out. (I like to think some of his Grandpa wore off on him!) My own Dad keeps his cars so clean, you could literally eat off the floor mats. Amazing!

So, I'm off to do some marathon house tidying. And, I forgot to take some food out of the freezer for dinner, so I'm trying to figure out what to have for dinner. Hmmmmm.... maybe some Chinese.

Have a blessed day! And be a blessing to someone else! Hugs all around, Penny Sue

No comments: