Thursday, December 18, 2008

Happy Birthday to me... Happy Birthday to me...

Actually, I'm a day late and a dollar short (what's new?). My actual birthday was yesterday, the 17th. I share this date with my best friend, Mary. She is 3 years older than I. But finding out we had a common birthdate was the beginning of the most cherished friendship I believe I will ever have. Because my husband isn't home during the week, Mary and I decided to have a girls night in. I had to work at the market until 9... which gave her time to run a few errands, come home (here) and just chill out until I got here. Then we just did an antipasti platter with all those great marinated or spicy foods, crustini, and my all time fav... cream cheese, shrimp and cocktail sauce with crackers to spread it on. We feasted like little piggies.

It was a great night. We don't get to see each other all that often. So we spent a lot of time catching up. Just relaxing and chillin' with some wine and good old fashioned from the heart conversation.

I'm a little sleepy right now, as it was going on 2 AM when we headed to sleep. Then I got up at 6 AM to beef up the fire in the woodstove so she would be certain to have hot water for her shower... and the house would be warmer than 60 degrees... burrrr.

Hope everyone is having a good day.
Hugs,
Penny Sue

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you...and many more.
Wish I could sing. lol.
Sorry I missed your B.D. I was in Las Vegas, babysitting and helping out. Hated to use the kids computer too much.
I am back home (this afternoon) to freezing temps.
Ginger