Saturday, December 20, 2008

Well... I suppose it's Saturday... really

I'm downstairs in the family room with my three dogs... and all of them are snoring... as well as I'm sure my hubby is snoring peacefully in our bedroom upstairs. Thank the Lord for earplugs. I'd like to kiss the inventor of earplugs. I remember the first custom made ringbearer pillow I delivered the day before the young lady was to be married (actually, she'd dated my son for some time, but it wasn't meant to be). I had purchased one of those absolutely gorgeous "hat" boxes from Homegoods, put the pillow inside, with a package of earplugs along with a card that said "The secret to a happy marriage". I thought she was going to die from laughter. It's been a while now, so perhaps she understands this old lady's wisdom.

Anyhow... the dear Husband made it home tonight in one piece. I don't know if many pay attention to the winter weather, but we are getting an overly fair amount of snow. And my husband decided to travel home tonight after work. But it wasn't as bad as it could have been. His trip is normally 2 hours from his brother's home to ours... and it took him three to get home from there. It could have been a lot worse. I'm so thankful that he made it home safely and is happily snoring his heart out in our bedroom upstairs!

Dear Lord,

Thank you for your protection of Your children. Your eye is on the sparrow, so I know You're watching me. I think it's time to go join the hubby. I miss him. And... I suppose I'm tired.

Hugs,
PS

1 comment:

just a little bit shabby said...

Penny,
Thanks for stopping by for a visit. Your message brought tears to my eyes. I've had a bummer of a day, not quite sure why..just kind of blue. Your message reminded me to remember a time when I held an angel in my hand, too. I need to remember how lucky I am to still be alive and hopefully healthy. Thanks for reminding me.
I'm glad that your husband made it home safely. God is good.
Sandyt