Saturday, October 25, 2008

No pictures today...

What a day! It started out with a very gentle rain this morning... then turned completely miserable this afternoon. It poured all afternoon. So much rain came down. I was completely amazed... and had flashbacks of the flood of 2006 in June here in Northeastern PA. What a nightmare. When it rains so hard like it did today, I tend to get kind of edgy. Thankfully, it has stopped pouring. It's just a light misty type of rain now.

I left work at 4:03 pm today, made a short errand and then came home. It had been raining so hard today that the drain grate at the edge of our property on the side of the road was so clogged with leaves, mud and small twigs that it had created this huge "pile" of water in front of my house. When I got home from my errands, I donned my barn boots and bright yellow rubber gloves and went out to try to clean out the drain grate. While I was out there getting completely soaked, one of my friends from where I work at the local market was at the "pub" across the street from my house. She came out hollering at me. I couldn't hear what she was saying, and she started to cross the street, and I told her to get back to her side of the road, that I was coming over. I crossed the road, noticing how soaked she was... and she told me she "did that already". I was stunned. She actually saw someone almost have an accident in front of my house and thought she should do something about it. In her jeans, sneakers (with a hole in them), and tee-shirt she had cleaned out the drain grate in front of my house. What a sweetheart! I gave her a huge hug and kissed her on the cheek. She was so gracious, thoughtful and selfless. I think I shall bake her something wonderful tomorrow and give her a thank you note. She's a single mom and struggling... a lot... with financial, physical, parental and emotional issues. She's such a sweet girl however, and I think there is so much more I could be to her. Her act of kindness is something I cherish. Sometimes, you just feel very alone in this world, and then someone does something like that for you. It just feels good. I wanted to offer her to come to the house and get some dry clothes or something, but she said that she and her ex-husband were leaving to go get take out for the kids. (As I said, it's a complicated story.) But, I am so thankful for her act of kindness. There are so many people against her and think bad thoughts. I feel led by the Lord to show her kindness, forgiveness, understanding where I can, and just be His light to her.

That's just a small part of my day.

My husband had a "bad" day. But that will have to wait for now.

God bless you all,
Penny Sue

Lord, Thank you for showing us Your loving kindness through other people in our lives. Totally unsuspecting, You amaze us. Help me to show Your true calling to us... Your first commandment after Your resurrection was to "Love one another". Help me be that love to others.

Amen,
Your girl

No comments: