Monday, October 27, 2008

Rainy days and Mondays always get me down...

Today has been a restful day. But it's been dark, gray, windy and cold outside. I feel gloomy and blue today. I am fast approaching November 1st, which will mark the 10 year anniversary of my mom passing away. In some ways it feels like just a short time ago... but in other ways it seems like an eternity. I think the one thing I miss the most about her is the sound of her voice. I can't just pick up the phone and have a silly ol' conversation with her, or a heart to heart, which is what she was really good at. But, the Lord allows her to walk through my dreams... and she speaks... and I hear her voice... and it sounds like Mom. What a gift. I don't dream of her often, but when I do... it is distinctly her. I don't mean physically.... that would be weird. But... somehow spiritually... or something along those lines. I thank the Lord for dreams... and memories... and the ways in which He does amazing things in our lives.

So, they are predicting rain and snow tonight and tomorrow. Perfect. The hubs is home. He got home last night just before 7 pm. He will be leaving Wednesday morning. My work schedule got changed for two days this week. I will end up with 31 hours instead of 25 hours. The extra money will certainly be helpful.

I'm in the process of planning two different parties in the next 6 months. My first venture is to try to get ex-coworkers together sometime in January or February of 2009. I'd like to call it "The blast from the past" party. I made my first attempt of trying to contact people that I already have email addresses for. I have a funny feeling this is going to take some doing. My second venture is to try to plan some sort of celebration party for my Dad. He will be turning 80 years old this coming March. I need to figure out where, when, and a theme for this party. My sister has been so busy with her life and two girls that I haven't really even had a chance to talk with her about doing this. But I will this coming week. I would like to respect who he is, but also make it something fun. He was born in 1929... maybe a "What was going on in 1929"... or a "Here's your life" (remember that show?) theme. Or a theme from Ireland/England. My father is half Irish and half English. His father was Irish and his mother was English. If I think about it more... I might come up with more creative ideas. However, I'm leaning towards the "Here's Your Life Ed". That would be so cool to go through major events of his life, highlight great things, and actually inviting people who would be behind the scenes until we did the part where you hear the person's voice and then out they come. Wouldn't that be so cool?

Well... once again I've rambled on long enough. It's not like anyone reads this stuff anyhow. But I will refer back to it when I try to come up with my plans for the party.

Lord... Thank you for relationships with people who love us unconditionally... in spite of our ugliness. They show us Your true love. The way You love each one of us.

Amen,
Your girl

No comments: